Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spreadsheet tool - simple, printable perpetual calendar with South African holidays

In 2004, the company I was working for at the time decided to introduce the ISO 9001:2000 quality management system. One of my tasks during this time was to produce an audit schedule detailing when certain quality audits should happen. and to make sure the schedule was revised each year.

After giving the matter some thought, I decided to set up a perpetual calendar so that I wouldn't have to do too much work revising the calendar each year.

I originally created the calendar using Microsoft Excel, but later updated it for LibreOffice. Here is a link to the spreadsheet: https://sites.google.com/site/grantthegeekspersonalpages/home/my-spreadsheet-tools/perpetual-calendar

I can't guarantee the accuracy of this spreadsheet or its fitness for any kind of use, and if you download and use it you agree that you do so at your own risk. Having said that, you have my permission to download it, use it, or print it out. It is not password-protected and if you so choose you may update it, amend it, change the formulas, put your own name on it, and re-release it or re-publish it. If you do, though, I do ask that you email me, or leave a comment for me, and include a copy of or a link to your version that I can look at, use, take apart and learn from. So please download it and improve it.

UPDATE: For those of you who want to create a useful calendar, and don't want to learn spreadsheet formulas to do it, check out: http://www.timeanddate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment